Friday, June 8, 2012

The Last Day

Today at work I finished off a couple of year-end Seminary reports, sorted and tossed papers from my filing drawers, cleared my computer of all "Dorothy" things, then left the keys on the desk and walked out, leaving 19 1/2 years of part-time employment with the Church.

 I have officially "retired" as of today. I wonder when it will feel real? This building is no longer going to be used by the Seminary/Institute programs, and will probably be sold. I was offered to continue working at a distant office, but the idea of a busy commute did not appeal to me, so this seemed like a good time to exit. It's time to re-invent myself again.

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Congratulations! The seminary program has been blessed by you...and you have been blessed in return. One of these days I'll be able to say that I've been in my job for 19 1/2 years. What a wonderful example you are of faithful, meaningful service. Thank you, friend. You deserve this new season in your life!

Katie Lewis said...

Wow. That's really amazing. And crazy that you're done. Congratulations on starting this new chapter in life. And I really like the artwork of the seminary building. :)

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

I'll just say again how much I will miss you. I have loved having that connection with you. I had no idea it had been over 19 years. That is so AWESOME. Someday I may get to retire too. I don't see it in for foreseeable future.