Wednesday, July 1, 2009

For Elsie

Elsie is old enough now, so I made her a "taggie", which is a piece of fleece with ribbon tags sewn on. Babies who are beginning to touch and handle things enjoy them. Then, since I was mailing a package anyway, I tried out a new design that I saw online: Onesie Dresses! Basically, a gathered skirt is attached to the body of a onesie, with a zig-zag stitch over the gathering stitch, so that when the gathering stitch is removed the skirt will stretch with the onesie. These are convenient since the bottom of the onesie is now a matching diaper cover and the skirt stays in place as they move. I made three, and one of them has a little white skirt to match one that I made for Sarah when she was here a few weeks ago. Sarah sent me some pictures, so I couldn't resist sharing one of them. The first is the dresses in my sewing room, and the second is Elsie surrounded with her new cute stuff.



2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Wow - these are very cute. Nice work, Dorothy.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Those are gorgeous! I love the middle tiered skirt. Just lovely.