(Vegan) Chocolate Chip Cookies with Spelt Flour
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup spelt flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
chocolate chips (read labels...there are chocolate chips that are vegan!)
I also added a handful of chopped pecans.
Beat the applesauce, sugar, shortening, and soy milk till light and fluffy. Add vanilla and blend. Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt, then add it to the applesauce mixture, beating until it is incorporated.
Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
These cookies are wonderful. We tried to be good and not eat them too fast, so the ones in the picture are now a couple of days old and still great...and they are the very last ones. Ahem.....WERE the last ones. After the photo shot, I finished them off. Yum.
1 comment:
Yum! I think I'll hold off making them until I have my weight a little lower. I can resist dry, boring, blah chocolate chip cookies, but I have no resistance to wonderful ones like these.
Post a Comment