Yes, I am still here. This winter has been a cozy one so far. The days are cool and I tend to stick around home, being busy (or not) with one thing or another. Morning walks are still a must. Yesterday was rather slippery; slip, slip, be careful! Probably we should have stayed in, but we made it home safely anyway. Some days we've had snowflakes fluttering through the sky. They don't accumulate on the ground, however....just teasing; looking lovely.
Indoors, my snowflakes are still on display. The Christmas tree went back into storage, but the crochet snowflakes are still charming me, so they have been hung on mirrors, windows, and above the mantle. I love looking at them. I am ever so amazed that I made them myself.
The arts have occupied my thoughts and time lately. Have you checked out my art blog to see what's new? I like experimenting with different styles, most of which don't end up on display, but the ones I like get posted. I'm on a "little bird" kick at the moment. I joined an online community called "Paint my Photo", where artists and photographers unite to create art. We share photos and enjoy one another's interpretation in various art mediums.
Crochet is the thing to do on chilly days. How nice it is to sit by the fireplace, hook in hand, and watch something new take shape. This winter I have decided to learn how to crochet socks! I purchased "sock yarn" which is so very fine, and every little stitch is so tiny that it sort of feels like knitting with a little hook. But look! I have finished the first one! It has a ribbed cuff and a fitted ankle and I'm very much in love with how it feels. Tiny rows of single crochet with a soft sock yarn are actually comfortable to wear. Oh, I wish I could wear this one already, but it is time to get busy and get the mate started. The first one took about a week (but I only crochet an hour or two a day). The second one will go quicker because I won't be studying the pattern as much.
Cozy Winter. It's been nice.



2 comments:
I love the socks, they look so cozy. I can't belive you made them yourself, they look like you bought them.
Forgot to say that it's me, Sophia!
Post a Comment