Wow, it's been a while since I posted on this blog. :) I had to post this current little project, though, so here it is! With my encouragement, Ken built me some picture rails to attach to the wall space that I normally display all the latest family photos. That little space had "430 nail holes" (according to Ken) because I had to keep re-arranging the photos every time a new grandchild joined the family, or if the photo updates changed orientation (vertical to horizontal). As you can image, that took time and I knew there had to be a better way.
Ken cut down a sheet of 1/4" finish plywood to 3" for the back of the rails and painted them the same color as the wall. Then he attached it to pieces of 1x3 fir boards for the shelf, with 1" quarter-round decorative trims attached to the front. You can see on the photo that this quarter round is a little thicker than the bottom piece, which creates a ledge that keeps the frames from sliding off. The pieces were attached with an air gun and 1" brads. We measured for proper spacing, then attached the completed rails to the wall using the same 1"brads.
Here's the completed rails, showing off the latest family photos. Now I can receive updates and change them out, or re-arrange the frames with ease, and NO MORE NAIL HOLES in the wall!



1 comment:
That is very cool. I think I'll have Steve do something iike that in our house.
Post a Comment