Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back on the Beach

While the kids were in town we headed to the beach again. It was a slightly overcast but mildly warm day. Perfect for a little fun with a toddler! And just so you know... Elsie loves rocks. :)


Grandpa convinced her to put down the rocks and go check out the surf with him.


It looked like fun, so I decided to get my feet wet, too!


Meanwhile, Elsie's parents are playing "Score" with my camera. And look who's in the picture just behind them. :)


Yep, we're having a good time.


But there were still rocks waiting to be discovered, and Elsie would not be distracted from them for long...


...rocks are also fun to splash in the creek.


Who cares about the sand? It's all so much fun!


Elsie tries on Grandpa's hat. She looks almost as cute in it as he does. :) I'm glad we went to the beach together. Elsie is so young that she won't ever remember it, but WE will, and these are the kind of memories I hope to keep forever. Such a sweet little family!


3 comments:

Cindy Price said...

What a fun day at the beach. Elsie sure looks cute in Grandpa's hat!

Wandering Soul said...

I love, love, LOVE that picture with the mom and dad in the forefront and you three in the background. Absolutely perfect! Possibly one of the best picture set-ups I've seen! Even if it wasn't on purpose ;)

Kathy Haynie said...

What a doll. I'm so glad they could come for another visit. I love the photo of Elsie covered in sand, and the one of the two of you throwing rocks in the creek. A very intelligent way to spend some time, in my opinion.