So today I went through my stash and found some blue polka dot cotton that I had plenty of and no plans for. I measured the sides and ends and bottom of the crib and added plenty of extra on the sides to hang over the top. After cutting out the pieces, I sewed all the sides together into a box-shaped tube. Then I sewed on the rectangular floor. I would have finished the upper edge but to my delight I noticed that it was a selvage edge and didn't need any extra attention. I just love happy accidents!
So after sewing those few seams it was done. I removed the crib mattress and inserted the liner shell inside, pulling the long edges up and over to the front. This is the outside view. Not cutesy, but clean and practical. (It could easily be made "cute" by adding appliques or bows, etc.)
Here's the inside view. The fabric is not a "perfect fit", but it will work nicely, especially with the mattress inserted to hold it in place.
I had a piece of soft multi-blue flannel and made a quick crib sheet to cover the mattress, then placed it inside the crib. It's done! The cover fits very snugly and looks good. Didn't take much time at all.
Maybe I'll fall asleep quicker tonight with that project out of my head. Of course, there is canoe camping menus to plan...
4 comments:
You are genius. This should inspire lots of moms and grandmas.
This is a great Idea Dorothy! I too have wondered how clean pack and plays can be b/c you can't really wash them.
That is a great idea!
My little Emery sleeps in his playpen every day for naps and every night for bedtime. He has a toddler bed, but since his little sister took away his crib, he still feels the need of the closed-in walls of the playpen, so I love this idea!
Thanks!
Great idea. I like that it goes underneath the mattress part.
Post a Comment