I have been desiring a small wallet to carry around for those times that a purse would be too bothersome, but instead of buying one, I decided to make it myself. First I sewed one from a pattern I found online. (From Here)
When it was finished I liked it a lot, but it was still larger than I wanted, so I used my own reasoning powers and created a smaller version that will actually fit in my pocket. You can see both of them below.
Opened up, you can see that each one has a zippered coin pocket. On the smaller one I did the zipper a little differently...and the only reason I used purple is because it's the only zipper I had left in the drawer! The larger wallet has 3 card pockets, and the smaller one has two. I decided to eliminate the flap on the small one because it added bulk, and that's what I was trying to avoid. I'm pleased with both of them, but the little one gets elected to come along on our journey. It can carry just a few essential cards and a little cash, too.
I'm ready to hit the road now. (Ha ha ha ha ha...AS IF!!) Alright, I have a few more things to accomplish before we leave this weekend......but I can cross "find a small wallet" off the list. :)
3 comments:
Katie had to make me my wallet because I couldn't ever find one that fit my criteria. Some of us don't like using purses and would rather have everything in my pocket, but I guess that is too small of a niche for stores to provide for...
Leopard print!
I find I need 4 sizes of "carry-arounds" that all nest together, I grab out what I need for each outing, then when I get home put them all back together again.
The tiny wallet goes alone often, but sometimes I need the bag that holds the wipes, granola bars, groupons, headphones, first aid kit, and so on.
Happy Trails! I can't wait for posts along the way.
Post a Comment