Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Nice Morning Walk

We awoke to a snowy world today and I could hardly wait to get outside and go for a walk! If Paulene didn't want to drive up here in the snow, I was going to go out alone, but happily she was just as thrilled to witness a brand new white morning with me. We both brought our cameras. Both of us froze our little fingers off, but it was so lovely! Well worth it.

Here's my first view out on the street. Breathtaking! (You northerners gotta know we don't get snow very often....and almost NEVER in March!)

How much did we get? How deep was it? About this much:

Paulene thought these trees looked like they were full of blossoms. (I thought they looked cold and weary.)

There were some trees that had already blossomed for real, and this is what happens when you add extra weight on top:

These daffodils will probably perk up again, though.

Snowy white caps on the shrubbery.

Heading back home. It was a wonderful morning walk!

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Wow. I can't believe it snowed there in March. Great photos!

Kathy Haynie said...

I agree with Katie. I can't believe it snowed here (haha!)...and I love your photos.