Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day Picnic

This is one of my favorite kind of days: when we all get together for some outdoor visiting and fun with the little ones! It was a lovely afternoon, and I even managed to get a few pictures to remember it by. :)
Also in our group today is Roger and Kay, Ben's parents. :)

Bocce games in the lawn!

Check out the awesome braids that Erika did in the girl's hair. Aiden shows his sisters how to hang upside down for a picture. :)
Happy Mother's Day to me!

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

A wonderful day! I love all the photos, but that last one of Grandma Didi and the kiddos is especially dear. Happy Grandma Day!

Unknown said...

What a fun and happy gathering. You are such a skilled photographer, and I am always inspired by all of your artistic work. Whenever I think, "Maybe I should just stick to words in my poems and not add any artwork, I am reminded that sometimes the pictures or art is what makes the poetry accessible.

I want you to know that I really appreciate having you as part of my sisters-in-blogging.

As a poet I find it sometimes easier to share my feelings in poems, although obviously I have no problem writing long-winded comments either. Especially since I have always considered my self to be non-artistic, it has been a challenge to see my poetry as art sometimes.

If you want to see the poem I dedicated to all of my “sisters” in the blogosphere, you can find it here.

http://poetrysansonions.blogspot.com/2012/05/my-worldwide-sisters-tribute-in-haiku.html

Thank you for all the wonderful stories and thoughts you share, and for inspiring me with the beauty you find all around you, even in the drizzle of an Oregon morning. :-)