Sunday, July 15, 2012

Here We Go Again!

We leave in the morning for a week-long handcart adventure with the youth in our Stake. Ken and I have been asked to be "Ma and Pa" to a group of 20 teenagers assigned to be in our "family" for the week. There will be several miles to walk every day in the dry, rolling "prairie" of south/central Washington, pulling all of our camping gear in the two handcarts that will be assigned to us. Our gear is packed, our courage is strong (ha ha ha ha!), and adventures await in the days to come!

Since we did the same thing four years ago, we do have some idea what to expect from the journey. The kids will all be different, though, so who knows what will happen? Don't we look cute? I think we're ready. :)

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

You DO look cute! Looks like you're already in "Zion." I am trying to "gird up my loins."

This scripture in 1 Nephi 21:10 helped me today: "They shall not hunger nor thirst, neither shall the heat nor the sun smite them; for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them."

I'll see you on the trek, dear friend!

Becky said...

I'm not sure all your stuff will fit in that tiny handcart...

Katie Lewis said...

You do look cute!