Our family was amazing. They worked soooo hard, and endured so much to help one another along the way. I haven't seen any pictures yet that capture the full extent of the hard work that was required of everyone. Frustrations, exhaustion, and pain were our companions on the trail, as well as love, music, triumphs, joy, and more love. How is it possible to love 20 kids that we have only barely met so much? Somehow it happens. That in itself is a miracle.
Here's our family, pausing for a water break along the trail.
We were coming down a dusty hill when I ran ahead of the kids (no easy feat!) and hastily snapped this photo. It's my favorite, even though it only shows a handful of the 20 youth we worked with all week.
This is the only photo I have so far that includes me working along with the kids. I guess that's what happens when the camera is in MY apron pocket. Thanks again to my dear friend Kathy for catching this moment with her camera. Kathy got to be an angel that day and help with the Women's Pull. Naturally she chose to be an honorary member of the Jenson Family. We had two handcarts, and she helped pull up the other one.
Tomorrow I will write the story of the Miracle of the Storm that happened in camp one afternoon. But for now, go over to Kathy's blog and read a much more complete explanation of the details of the Rescue.



1 comment:
I can see why that 2nd photo is your favorite. It captures the dusty essence of the trail...and I LOVE the contrast between those 2 tall boys in the middle with the younger kids (half the height of the older boys!) surrounding them. It was so fun to share a Trek week again with you, dear friend.
Post a Comment