Friday, October 5, 2012

Friday: The Folk Village!

Today was fascinating! We all went to a place called Folk Village about an hour's drive from here. It's a huge place with traditional village buildings and gardens, plus demonstrations of arts and crafts. We watched a tightrope performer, dancers, and an exciting horsemanship performance. I took loads and loads of pictures, but tonight I'm only sharing a few featuring the family. :)



Heading off to learn and discover the traditional Korean lifestyle!



Put your shoulder to the wheel! (or grindstone)


Writing a wish on Korean paper, then attaching it to ropes tied around a rock. Each of the girls got to post a wish and I did one, too.
 


If you can pop open this photo, try to read the sign above the stall. It is amusing!


Three girls and a little grass hut.


Another traditional Korean-style meal for lunch. We tried acorn jelly (which is not sweet!) with our veggies and rice. Hmmmm....interesting. Not bad, but very different.


Of course the girls needed some American snacks to go along with the Korean sides.


One unfortunate area was where "punishment" was given to wrong-doers. Here is Michelle demonstrating the proper form for um....some "discipline".


Poor Andrew was really bad, I guess, and ended up in the prison.


Just silly girls.


We were here on a major school field trip day. Hundreds and hundreds of Korean children were at the village dressed in their school colors and attended by teachers and aides. They are always so happy to see us and sing "Hello! Hello!" and wave as they passed by. Once again our little blond girls drew attention. :)


Awwww...this little group of toddlers on a field trip are adorable!
(I couldn't resist adding their photo here.)

 
After such a long day, the girls were ready for a quieter evening. Andrew and Michelle went out on a date, while Grandpa and I had a movie night with the girls. We watched "Monsters, Inc.", then sent them all to bed. Another good day!

No comments: