Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Would Crochet Him a Hat

Yesterday I was in the kitchen, listening and humming along to "Little Drummer Boy", a Christmas carol. The little boy says he will play his drums for the Christ Child, then I thought, with a smile, "I will crochet him a hat".

As soon as the thought was formed, two little hats I have made recently also came to mind, and the words to a scripture followed: "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." I stopped what I was doing and let the tears fall, remembering a little camera picture that Grace had sent me of tiny Sen modeling the owl hat I made him.  Realizing that a kindness to others is a kindness to Him....maybe I already have made Him a hat. :)

 

2 comments:

Beth said...

Sen is such a beautiful baby. I also love your hats. You are so talented Aunt Dorothy. Thanks for sharing your projects.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

So true...and I love that little elf hat.