Here is something that doesn't happen very often. In fact, the last time was 5 years ago...my brothers and I all together in one place! My brother Dave was in town last weekend, so Ken and I hosted a brunch at our house so we could have a nice time to visit and catch up.
It was so good to see all of them, and yet I marvel sometimes that these men are really my siblings. We grew up together! Of course, I was the first one to leave, being the oldest and marrying young, so I missed out on a lot of the things our family did while the boys were in their teen years. Maybe that's why it seems I hardly know them. Makes me a little sad to think of it, actually. Anyway, it was SO GOOD to have them all here for a little while.
I asked Becky to come and take some pictures because this is such a rare event, and I knew it would mean a lot to my Mom to have some beautiful images of the day. Here is one of my brothers and I. L to R: Me, Don, Dave, and Dale. (That's also oldest to youngest!) If you'd like to see the rest of the pictures that Becky took, just click here to go to Becky's gallery. Thank you, Becky and Ben!

2 comments:
What wonderful photos! I love the personality of each individual family. I can see similarities in your eyes and Dave's eyes. And the penultimate photo of you and Ken is outstanding. (Did you tell your brothers to come color-coordinated for the photo shoot? Everyone looks great!)
I only have 1 brother - 15 months younger than me - we were close growing up, but now in our late 50s, I know what you mean about marveling that we are siblings. I wish I could see him more often.
PS - It tickles me that the left-to-right age order also goes shortest to tallest. :)
Post a Comment