Making little thread crochet snowflakes fascinates me! Each one is fairly tedious, and repetetive, but I get a little thrill every time I start a new one and wonder how it will turn out. When the crochet is finished, the soft handful of thread "knots" gets soaked with a water and glue mixture, then it is pinned meticulously to a piece of foamboard, sprinkled with glitter, and allowed to dry for a day or two. When the pins are finally removed, it is a masterpiece! I love them!
I have made one for each of the grandkids this year, and have plans to give away more as the season progresses. Look at my Christmas tree! Other than lights, the snowflakes are the only decorations so far. Do I care about the rest? We'll see. First, I better decide which new snowflake to start next. :)

5 comments:
They are beautiful Aunt Dorothy. :)
Wow your tree looks stunning!
I vote for just the snowflakes. They are amazing!
Love the snowflakes. And the Angel you made for your mom. I need to learn how to make some of these. Very Lovely!
So pretty! I like it with just the snowflakes. And it makes me want to learn to crochet...or rather learn to read the patterns.
Post a Comment