Friday, March 22, 2013

Crochet Easter Eggs

I learned something new! Grace is responsible for this new skill. She need some props for Easter photography and asked if I could make her some crochet covered eggs. There was a photo and pattern that she found on Pinterest, so I told her, "if there's a pattern, then I can make them." Well, well. The pattern was not one that I approved of. At all. Oh, it was pretty enough, but the way the author went about doing it just seemed too fiddly. (Essentially, crochet a big end and then a little end, and sew them together onto the plastic egg.)

 My plan was to start and finish in one piece, inserting the egg at the last moment it would fit, and then completing the top while holding the whole package. Grace provided the plastic eggs and I gave  my idea a try. It worked! (It's easier than a snowflake, folks....it just isn't FLAT.) So here you go, Grace, crochet covered easter eggs for your photo props collections. Thanks for the fun challenge!

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Wow. Those are gorgeous. So are YOU going to be the one to put an awesome pattern out there for others?

Elder and Sister Wilcox said...

They are absolutely beautiful. Way to go.