Sunday, October 26, 2008

Coincidence

I've heard it called synchronicity, "God Winks", and Elder Bednar calls it "Tender Mercies" (which is actually my favorite way to describe it), but I have been trying to pay attention to this occurance in my life. The one I have been smiling about this week is in reference to a cheap corded telephone. While strolling through Bi-Mart a few days ago, it suddenly (the light bulb kind of suddenly) occured to me that it would be a good thing to have a little phone in the basement to pick up calls. The jacks were already present, so all I would need was an inexpensive phone to plug in. I immediately acted upon the thought, bought a phone for $7.00, then brought it home and placed in downstairs. Two days later, I locked myself in the basement, and that phone was my ticket out.

Being locked in a comfortable basement is certainly not a terrible hardship, but it did re-affirm a couple things to me. One: that the Tender Mercies of the Lord are in effect in my life, and Two: I married a very wonderful man. :)

And I'm learning to pay attention! The other thought that occured to me (like a lightbulb!) while I was in the basement, was that I needed to find the basement door key and store it downstairs... which I did.

No comments: