Sunday, November 16, 2008

There was a "special" on Aisle 10

Erika tells me that every time she goes out with the kids she attracts attention and comments. Yesterday I went with her and the little ones for a run to Costco and discovered exactly what she means. After seeing the adorable cart load full of children, EVERYONE at least smiles, and many people have something to say. "What aisle did you find them on?" "Is this today's Special?", and so on. (Erika has heard them all)

There seems to be too many things to frown about, and people are often troubled, but when they see beautiful little faces....they SMILE. Optomism returns, if even for a few moments, and a little bit of hope swells within their heart. It was sweet to witness.

By the way, the girls ARE strapped in, and rather tightly, too. They still managed to squirm in their bounds to kneel facing the other way. They like to see where they are going! :)

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love that you post pictures and stories about Kevin and Erica's kids. I love to read about them and what's going on in there lives. Even if it is mostly through you! Thanks. By the way you take the Most beautiful pictures. I wish I was a better photographer.