Monday, March 9, 2009

It's finished!

Sarah asked me to sew a blessing dress for baby girl Swenson using her wedding gown. It was hard to motivate myself to make the initial cuts, but when Sarah assured me that she had had plenty of opportunities to wear it, plus tons of lovely photos, courtesy of Bagdanoff Photo, and then Alan said he wasn't planning to wear it either, I decided she meant it and started to slice and dice. The result is this sweet blessing gown which is made with about 80% wedding dress, and a few little pieces that I had to purchase. It looks so BIG, but it is infant size small, and is designed to hang really long. (Actually, I cut it shorter than the pattern.) I'm pleased with the result and it will be fun to see a new little baby wearing it!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks great Mom!! Thanks again

Katie Lewis said...

Dorthy it's soo pretty.