Grandson William likes to walk in the meadow and collect caterpillars. (Oooooh, yes, I see them, Will....that's close enough!) Walking through grasses taller than he is, he can spot those little stripey critters and delights in how amazing they are. I need to remember that. Not about the caterpillars, especially, but about watching for the little things that delight me.
I spent most of my summer exploring very cool places and visiting with some of my very favorite people (love you guys!), but here at home I am also close to those that I love, and there's still wonderment to be found, even without travelling. This little blogspot of mine is the place where I have recorded some of the highlights of the season, but I need to remember that it is also the place to record everyday highlights.
Life can be awesome no matter where I am. I just need to remember to look around and pay attention. When was the last time I explored a meadow with little ones?
Okay, I'm in. It's time to get moving, and enjoy the little things again.




2 comments:
Yeah, the rule is that the caterpillars are not allowed even up on the porch, let alone in the house.
But it's fun to see him having fun with it...
"They are pooping and peeing on me!"
Awesome.
Hahahaha - reminds me of your worm story. :)
And I completely agree with the sentiment.
Post a Comment