There were perhaps 20 youngsters there with their Primary leaders and an assortment of parents (and grandparents). They had a nice little tour of the Temple grounds with stops along the way to hear stories told by invited guests. I just happened to have my camera along, and I just "happened" to focus in on our kiddos especially. Like I said, how could I resist? Look at those sweet faces paying attention to the speakers!
After the tour activity was complete, Grandpa and I took our three inside the Temple to see the Atrium and take another couple pictures.
Back outside, they finally get to do what they've been hoping for...checking out the water in the fountain! The reflecting pool also looked very enticing, but there were wedding portraits happening at the time and they also found out that what looked like a great "wading pool" really wasn't for playing in after all.
After this, Erika and the kids headed home and Ken and I changed clothes and continued on down the road to the beach. We first walked along Gleneden Beach, then went south to explore the shops and galleries in Newport. So much beautiful artwork!! I think I might be inspired again. (it's about time.) We watched the sea lions lazing about and grumping to each other on the decks for a while, and then had dinner in a little Thai restaurant. It was a nice day!!
It was also very windy. :)









2 comments:
What a wonderful day! I just bought a new book about that bridge in the background at Newport. "The Green Lady" by Matt Love, an OCHS graduate (Karlyn's brother).
Oooh, I'm totally jealous about your trip to the beach. It's been a loooong time since we went.
Post a Comment