We found some interesting items at the beach over the weekend, but they weren't laying around in the sand. Even if they were, someone else would have found them first because we weren't exactly the early birds on the beach. Actually, we never really went onto the beach at all. We walked up and down the boardwalk at Seaside, and along a frontage sidewalk in Cannon beach. Looking, watching, enjoying the sights and sounds of the ocean...but we didn't venture into the sand or near the water. I don't know why. It was enough just to look this time.
So our beach finds were in the local shops, where we spent most of our time wandering in and out and marveling at the amazing creativity of artists (and the amazing price tags on most of the art!!). Ken absolutely loved the things made with glass, and found a beautiful starfish to bring home. We purchased this at the John Cook Glass Studio in Gearhart. So much beautiful glasswork there!
In another gallery/gift shop in Cannon Beach I kept going back again and again to look at this painting by Kelly Rae Roberts. Something about her wild approach to mixed media appealed to me, as well as the expression on the little lady's face. Anyway, it was a print, not an original, so I could actually afford to bring it home with me. She is gracing the wall in my bedroom. You probably can't see it, but across the top of her hair is written the word: "dream".
We also found a weird, whimsical, multi-colored, layered plexiglass clock with a swinging pendulum. Since I didn't like the lighting for a photo of it today, I'll save it for another post.
Our ocean-getaway was quite relaxing, and a sweet break from all the "regular" stuff we do every day. I'm glad we went. :)



4 comments:
I love it all! Beautiful! I can't wait to see the clock!
I love the collar/wings on the lady. Lovely, lovely finds.
I do like the picture; its fun and whimsical. But I do have to say that one of my first thoughts was "where is her nose? It's Voldemort!"
Nah, Voldemort had weird nostril holes...this little lady just has a delicate ridge and no gaping holes. Very refined! (Guess she has to open her mouth to breathe, though.) But, hey, in our imagination people don't even need to breathe, do they?
Post a Comment