Friday, January 13, 2012

Winter Notes

It's cold outside. The only time I have ventured out much lately is early morning for my walks with Paulene, and we've witnessed some incredible sunrises in the last few days. Today I didn't go out, though. Slept in until 8 AM...that doesn't happen very often. All week I've had a growing "tickle", "cough" that has increased to the point of no longer ignoring it and hoping it will go away. Time to stay in and stay warm.

As long as it's so cold outside, I really don't mind staying in. There's so much of "nothing" to be doing inside, and being lazy. Reading. Browsing the internet. Puttering around the house. (That's such a funny word...puttering.) Taking a nap.

Some bloggers I know of post amazing pictures of things around their home. Beautiful things. Decorations, table settings, etc. Hmmm. Guess I'm not very fancy. This picture of my lamp table pretty much sums it up right now.
Cough drops are prominent (cough cough), current reading material, crochet hooks and a little crochet snowflake, dust on the tabletop. I also made that long bookmark from thread crochet.

I've given myself a challenge to read the entire Standard Works this year. Yep, the Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. I found a schedule online that will take me through the year with only about 20 minutes of reading a day. I'm already ahead of schedule. Sitting around with a cough can do that.

Another challenge is to work at pastels more often, and I'm posting the good, the bad and the downright ghastly online for everyone to see. I'm still trying to figure out what my own personal style is. It's going to get better, I promise! You'll find my trials on Dorothy's Maple Dreams. Think of it as reading the comics every day. Ha ha!

The weather people are saying we might see snow in the next few days. Of course, by saying it they have probably jinxed us. Around here when they SAY it might snow, it generally doesn't. Through the years we've had some lovely SURPRISE snowfalls, however. As long as it's going to be cold, maybe a little snow will be a perk. I know, I can talk....I don't have to drive in it every morning. Sorry. And you be careful out there, okay?

Signing off now. Time to go make some soup for lunch. Warm, steamy, comfy soup. Then a nap. Cough. Yes, that sounds good.


1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

I liked reading this post, and enjoyed your photo. Hope you feel better soon!