Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Doll Portraits

Christmas gifts have finally arrived safely in South Korea (phew!), so I am free to blog about some of the things I made this year without spoiling the surprise for certain young ladies.

In November, Michelle and I went to a local craft bazaar and saw some adorable crocheted cradle purses which we were sure the girls would love. I purchased one of them, only to discover, later on at home, that the tiny 5 inch doll inside the cradle was even MORE adorable, with her little crocheted dress and hat! Oh my, it was love at first sight! My plan was to use the cradle purse as a guide to make several more for all the granddaughters. The doll though, I could not re-create! I went back to the bazaar and bought the very last doll that the vendor had.

Well, we certainly loved those dolls, so Michelle and I scoured the internet until we could find a source for them and discovered them here at The Busy Lady Gift Shop. Of course, they were naked, so that meant I had to design my own dresses and hats for the newest additions. Oh, darn. (snicker) I admit, I had a good time with these creations.

This is the cradle-purse. With the ribbon drawstrings pulled tight, it looks like a little purse that can be carried around. When the drawstring is open fully....surprise! It's a ruffly cradle with a tiny baby inside!




Check out the expressions on the faces of these sweet little babies. I found them irresistable.
I have half a mind to order more dolls and make more dresses....just for me! Well, I might share. :)





4 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Those are SO cute. Every grandma should have at least one in her toy stash! What lucky little granddaughters you have.

Katie Lewis said...

Great job, Dorothy.

Who is in South Korea?

Beth said...

Wow you are so talented! I love the outfits you made. So cute!! I have been trying a little crochet I been making some flowers. Super cute Babies!

michelle said...

The sweet faces on those dolls sold the thing. The girls love them and love that they have a bed and can be carried around.