Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Andrew!

Being inspired by Michelle, Sarah, Becky and others, I have decided it would be fun to highlight birthdays on my blog. Andrew is 30 years old today, and I actually have a "birth story" written down to share. I'll start with a few days before his birth:

April 28, 1979
"Our new baby is due almost any day. This last month has been hard on us. I have been having contractions every day so we have been constantly on alert in case the baby comes early. This week my doctor and the Eppersons are out of town, so I hope we wait until they return. Even though we'd love to have the baby now and quit worrying!"

This was written a few weeks after the birth:
"On May 6th I went to the hospital with mild labor pains five minutes apart. After 9 hours of this I was given a drug in the vein to strengthen contractions. It worked, and within an hour our 3rd child, another son, was rapidly born. I was able to have him very naturally, without an episiotomy. He was born at 11:05 AM and he weighed 6 lbs 4 oz, and was 20 inches long. Ken was present at the birth as with all the rest of our children. Kate and J Epperson stayed with the other kids while we were at the hospital. We named our new son Andrew Lee. He is a very pretty, or should I say handsome baby! We love him very much!"

Here is newborn Andrew (we didn't start calling him Andy until later)



Two weeks old and sitting outside in the warm weather. Notice the cloth diaper!


First Birthday!



Andrew is 2 years old


Now he is 3 years old!



Happy Birthday Andrew! We love you and are so glad you grew up in our home. It is wonderful to know you and be able to watch you taking care of your own family. I hope you're having a great day. :)

3 comments:

michelle said...

Thanks for sharing and thanks for raising such an awesome guy.

Kathy Haynie said...

Happy Birthday, Andrew! It was fun watching you grow up.

Wow -Ken sure looks young in that one photo!

Andrew said...

Thanks Mom! We all got a kick out of seeing the old photos. We pulled up pictures of Sophie and Elanor as newborns, but could not agree which were more similar...I think baby Andrew looks more like Elanor, but Michelle thinks Sophie. I guess there's some of both!