Monday, August 24, 2009

Mmmm Mmmmm Good!

I thought of Michelle tonight as I made a wonderful fresh tomato soup for dinner. The recipe called for orange zest so I got out my microplane to use and I remembered that Michelle had given it to me. Thanks again, Michelle! I made the recipe using fresh herbs and an assortment of garden tomatoes, but instead of straining I chose to puree it in the blender, then put it back in the pot and added the extra chicken broth and a little flour/water mixture for thickening. Loved it!

2 comments:

Becky said...

We had the Straubs over for an outdoor dinner last night and for dessert I showed the little ones the fine art of the fresh picked cherry tomato...between the 3 of us we stripped all 3 varieties bare :)

Also, made my fresh salsa at La Pine and it was excellent...thanks for the tomatoes, almost managed to use all of them!

michelle said...

I think that is my favorite kitchen gadget. I'm glad you like it and are using it.