Thursday, August 27, 2009

The View From Here

We had such a nice afternoon that I decided it needed to be recorded, because days like these can so easily be forgotten, and even though it was a simple time, I want to remember it.

After Ken came home we ate a quick meal of chili wraps (with spinach tortillas and extra beans and fresh tomatoes in the chili), then we walked down into our woods a bit and cleaned out some of the weedy holly trees. The day was warm, so we worked up a nice sweat doing it. Came back inside and made two tall icy glasses of "limeaid" with some limes I had on hand. The next hour was spent lounging on the patio reading (and dozing a little.)

Time for a little more exercise....so we drove over to a local park and walked the pathways for a couple miles. Then we were hot again, so while coming back home we had to stop at the store for ice cream (and more limes.) Finally we enjoyed another episode of Star Trek ("Shore Leave" from Season 2) and our bowl of ice cream. I suppose that totally made up for any calories burned on our walk, but we did it anyway. :)

The best thing? That would have to be the fact that we did it together and enjoyed one another's companionship. The view from here is a good one. I feel very blessed.

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Ahhh...someday I'll be an empty-nester again...

Cindy said...

Ahhhh! That sounds lovely!