Friday, December 3, 2010

Family Photos

The best part of Thanksgiving is spending time with my favorite people....my family! The big dinner I'm not so crazy about. Sometimes I think I would like to cater it in so we could spend more time playing together rather then cooking and cleaning. Dream on, right?

I thought at first that I didn't take too many pictures of our family events this season, but between myself and Sarah (who snatched up my camera at various moments), we came out with a decent assortment of family photos. Take a peek:


I think Aiden would be much happier if I could find a cup with pictures of trains on it instead of princesses.



Anika gets a smooch on the nose from Elsie. Awwww...




Fun times in the basement with the wii:






Grandmas are always willing to read another story:


After the crowds leave it's time for a little blanket sliding hilarity before sending everyone home and to bed!




Next day we trooped up to Ben and Becky's place in Washougal. It was still snowy up where they live!


One last story from Grandpa and then it was time to head south again.


After all the family left, I came down with a terrible sore throat, fever, headache, etc. It cleared up in 12 hours, but three days later when I was at the clinic for another reason, my doctor did a throat swab even though he said it didn't look like I had any problems, and he was surprised to see that I tested positive for Strep Throat! I was quite surprised myself. So now I'm taking meds to wipe it out completely and have nearly lost my voice in the process. Go figure. Anyone else in the family come down with this?

I loved having everyone around this Thanksgiving holiday, and I don't even care that someone shared a little more than love with me. It was worth it. :)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Beautiful photos. I'm so glad you could have the precious time with family.