Hey, Happy Holidays! I've started the month with a new blog look. What do you think?
I'm also trying something new. What, growing things in milk jugs? I know, I know, that's really not new for me, but this time I am "propogating" which is another thing entirely. We have two holiday cactus plants at our house. A light pink one that was given to me by Bernice, and a dark pink one which was a leftover "raffle prize" from Tri Met that Ken has been taking care of for years. He cleared out his office this week and brought it home, and it's a sorry sight.
However, they are supposed to be very easy to propogate, so I've snapped off several segments and placed them into damp cactus soil from Freddies, and will keep watch for a few weeks and see what happens. I would love to have new cactus plants to keep and give away by next year. Wish us luck!



1 comment:
Keep us posted! If it works, I could try that, too. I had never heard of cactus soil before.
Post a Comment