Friday, February 3, 2012

Beach Boys

Anyone recognize these two boys on the beach? This was quite a challenge for me to render. Consider that it is only six inches by six inches, and imagine how small facial marks would need to be, and then imagine a piece of pastel (which is a bit wider than normal blackboard chalk). So naturally getting a complete likeness would almost be accidental (ha ha!). Anyway, I thought I'd share it here.

Matter of fact, I'm considering, but haven't fully made up my mind yet, to start posting my art here instead of the other blog for now. This is where I talk about my life and the things I'm doing, and lately, learning to work in pastel is one of the things that I am trying to do daily. (Well, okay....sort of daily....at least every few days...).

Anyone have an opinion they'd like to share?

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Kevin and Aiden?
This is nice. I like the shading of the sand and the blue shirt

Holly Mayer said...

here is a question for you. My daughter has recently been enjoying coloring with oil pastels. our kids table is covered with little marks, what is the best way to get them off? my regular cleaner either just smears it or doesn't really get it off.