Here I am at age one. Notice that I have straight hair. In other pictures you will see curls. It was not natural...my mom thought little girls should have curls so I slept with pin curls in my hair a lot! (Pin curls are wet hair wound in spirals and pinned flat to the head with bobby pins)

I don't remember my 2nd birthday, but it looks like I had a little party with relatives. Grandpa Ligon was there and some cousins and Aunt Willy. The youngest baby is my new brother Donny. :)


3 years old! I got a cute little doll with a removeable hat. I distinctly remember taking if off over and over again, then asking Mom to put it back on for me. (You can tell by her face in this photo that she was getting a little tired of that activity!)

And now I'm Four. I've got the fluffy party dress and a gift in my hands, but I don't remember a thing about that day. Oh well. I looked happy!

It's now many birthdays later. (Oh my goodness...I qualify for "Senior Discounts" in some places!!!) But, I'm still happy. There are so many good things in my life, why shouldn't I be? Most importantly I have a wonderful companion, a family that I love dearly, and things to keep me as busy as I want to be.
And even more than that....I have a firm belief that God lives, loves us all, and that life has meaning and purpose, no matter what our circumstances. There is beauty and goodness everywhere that I look for and rejoice in. I'm just glad to be here. :)
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Mom!
Happy Birthday Aunt Dorothy! Your Happy feelings and Graditude rubbed off me today and made me feel the need to be more happy and Greatful.Thanks your a wonderful Aunt! I love reading your Blogs
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Mom! Elanor looked at the first picture and asked, "is that me?" Michelle told her it was Grandma Dorothy and Elanor put on her 'you're being silly' voice and said, "noooo, that's El'no!" It took awhile to convince her. :) Love you lots!
Happy Birthday Dorothy! Thank you for being my wonderful friend over all these years.
(In the 2nd photo of your 2nd birthday, I think your mom looks a little like Michelle.)
happy (late) birthday!
p.s. i was thinking the same thing about your mom looking like michelle in that picture.
I loved the pictures. What a cutie & no wonder all your kids turned out so great. Happy another year!!
Post a Comment