Monday, October 5, 2009

Great Memories

The most important reason I blog is to preserve great memories. Yes, I have a journal which I write in every night, but this is the place where the photos are arranged and the stories are told. I haven't done my "hard copy" albums in years. Trying to be cute and clever with all those pieces of paper just got in the way of keeping it updated. But this way....upload, type, and there it is! Everyone else probably looks at these posts once (maybe twice? ((if they're really close family!)), but I look at them over and over again and smile while I remember the good times. Ahhh...(can you imagine my dreamy look??) I love it.

Tonight I'm reliving more of the fun times that were had when the family from Virginia was here. We took the little girls canoeing, had more play times at Aunt Erika's house, and several large batches of gingersnap cookies were stirred together by five little people (with help from a few big ones!) On another day everyone came to Grandma's, where Aunt Michelle taught the little ones how to make soft pretzels. (Sophie and Elanor had made these many times before, and knew just what they were doing!) The pretzels were great, and Michelle even made a cheese sauce to go with them. Ken and I each took one to the Temple that night to eat with our dinner in the cafeteria, where they were greatly admired by other Temple workers.)

On pretzel day Aunt Becky was going to be there and take pictures, but sadly she got sick and the doctor said she was contagious. Oh, no! Luckily, Aunt Grace came to the rescue and helped with portraits. She has posted some of them on her own blog. My pictures at the bottom of this post are cute, but Grace's arrangements are wonderful! Check it out. :)













1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, Dorothy, they are such BEAUTIFUL children. Treasures. I love the picture of the twins with their soft pretzel dough, their little bellies and their white tee-shirts. The photo at the end of your blog--all 5 of them--is precious. Good times canoeing. Such wonderful memories. A great reason to blog!