Friday, October 9, 2009

Forgiveness

I was smiling as I walked out of the house this morning, thinking very sweet thoughts about my husband while I climbed into the Blazer and backed out of the garage, .....and dented his car in the driveway. ARrrrrrGH!! A moment of giddy carelessness and I left a terrible mark on the passenger side door.

(NO, I am not going to post a picture!)

All I will tell you about my feelings at that point was that I was miserable. I think most of my readers can relate and understand the kinds of things that go through your minds when you make a mistake which results in damage.

You all know my husband. It will not surprise anyone to hear that when I confessed what happened, he forgave me on the spot. (Even though he does not like marks or dings on his car...not one little bit!) We will try to have it fixed, but even so I will think about it every time I carefully back out of the garage. And you know what? I'll still be smiling and thinking very sweet thoughts about the man I married all those years ago.

It also occurs to me that if mortal man can forgive so easily, how much more sweet will be the forgiveness that our Father in Heaven offers us for the dumb things we do! There are so many reasons to smile. :)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Oops. Now we know Ken was saying in the tomato picture..."Dorothy! I forgive you! I love you!"