Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time Off

I haven't posted in a few days, so I guess you could say I took some "time off", and today I will be packing a few things so that Ken and I can have a few more days of "time off" in LaPine. We leave this afternoon and will be back on Saturday to wish two sweet little girls Happy Birthday!

Weather forecast for the LaPine area is cold, wet, and maybe even windy. Ken thinks it is a great time to go so he can burn lots of forest debris! I plan to huddle inside where it is warm and work on a couple of projects and a book I want to start reading, and when there's a decent weather break we'll head out for some hiking.

There's been a lot of busy-ness in our lives recently and we are both looking forward to a couple days of relaxed living. As some of you know, we don't have any kind of TV reception (by choice), and while we were driving home from the Temple last night I was thinking that even if we did have connections, we wouldn't have time to watch it. There are so many other things to do!

2 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

We have a TV that we basically use to watch movies on. I can't remember the last time we watched TV on it. Maybe last General Conference? But now it only plays VHS and we watch Conference on the computer because the picture for regular TV is pretty bad. Okay by me.

Kathy Haynie said...

Ditto. (I mean, we do have a tv that works, but I never watch it and I don't care.)

Have fun in La Pine!