Can't sleep. Can't sleep. Might as well get up and empty my brain a little so it will calm down. Why can't I fall asleep at night as well as I can when I lie down for a little afternoon nap?
Laundry almost caught up. Floors finally mopped. Sewing room put back together. Missing Sophie. Many hours spent at the office, and still not caught up. Found a new book to read. Don't know when I'll start it. I'd like to start a new quilt,too. What pattern should I use? Did you know JoAnn's is remodelling? Hard to find things without browsing the whole store. I think they planned it that way.
Kids have gone home. Pictures are still in my camera and I need to get caught up on my blog. Missing Elanor. In between Conference tomorrow will be a good time to start doing some yard work. Need to move some roses, hydrangeas, and some Crocosmia if I can get them out of the ground. Baby shower tomorrow...at least I got the "taggie" made.
Picked lots of tomatoes so they can ripen in the house. They look great decorating the windowsill, but now I need to do something with them. Large salads the last two days have been good, and chopped tomatoes add a nice touch to leftover chicken/rice casserole. This winter I want to paint the inside walls, if I can ever decide which colors to use. Look at pictures, imagine, smile at the image in my head, and then wonder if it will be "too much"? Thinking about Kathy's sad post and the impact we all have on one another's lives.
Going for a walk in the morning. Days are getting cooler. I should also transplant that hosta and maybe the Pieris. Definitely the lilies. Looking forward to lounging on the couch with my sweetheart and enjoying Conference messages with him this weekend. I'm glad I still have three little grandkids living close to play with. Missing Elsie, though. Spending a few weeks in a rental home in Arizona for the fall sounds amazing. Ah, but too much to do. So much to get caught up with.
Time to get to bed. Now that some of the tangles are out of my head maybe the leftover jumbles will lie quietly. Need to sleep. Need to sleep.
1 comment:
And our husbands wonder why we lie awake at night...
What a great list! How lucky we are to have so many good things to do in our lives, and the motivation and skill to do them.
So sorry your little ones live so far away. Abbi called me today from Utah, and we had quite a conversation. It sure is hard when they live in other states, but good to know they are being raised by loving, wonderful parents.
Post a Comment