Saturday morning was spent doing household chores, but after lunch Ken suggested the idea of going on an afternoon hike in the Columbia River Gorge. After a bit of thought we decided to climb the trail to Angels Rest, so we gathered a few things quickly and ran for the car. By 3:00 PM we were parked and starting the 2.4 mile ascent to the rocky outcrop with it's amazing view of the river and countryside 1450 feet below us. We reached the top at 4:15 PM and I, for one, was glad to find a comfy rock to sit on and enjoy the scenery and the lovely breeze. We ate fresh cherries and some homemade granola, explored the different viewpoints, then started our descent about a half hour later. Of course, going down the steep terrain has it's challenges, too, but we were back at the car by 5:45 PM. What a great hike!
The sad part? In our rush to leave the house I set my camera down for one moment, and then left without it. Wah!! Oh well, I googled a quick picture to share with you here. Now you'll just have to image us sitting there enjoying the view. :)
1 comment:
Yay for Angels Rest! I loved it up at the top.
Post a Comment