Tuesday, July 6, 2010

No Bad Guys Please

I've started two different books this week and had to close the covers and get rid of them. Each one had what I thought would be an interesting story line, but they also featured a "bad guy" and the author seemed to think I would want to know how their twisted minds were working. Hey, I DON'T!! I'm getting worried about writers out there who sit around imagining horrible thoughts to put in their bad guys' heads. I tried to skim over and skip those parts, but it seeps into the rest of the story somehow and taints it for me. I do not want to hear how evil thinks. I don't want it in my head, too.

Thank goodness I got to spend the evening in the Temple. The love and purity there has refreshed me once again. The next book I start is a "prequel" to the Anne of Green Gables series. I might be safe with that one. I am such a softie.

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

One of my favorite authors is Elizabeth Goudge. Her books are just right for you, I think. Many of them are out of print, but I have a good collection here in the Haynie Library. Let me know if you'd like to check some out.

Anonymous said...

oh I didn't know there was a prequal to the Anne series.What is it called i would love to read it.

Dorothy said...

The book is titled: Before Green Gables and it is written by a woman named Budge Wilson. If you like the Green Gables series, I think you'll like reading this, too. :)