Sunday, July 11, 2010

Thoughts about the Seagull

Notice my new seagull header? I have enjoyed looking at that picture several times since I photographed it at the coast this week. I love it. I am so taken by the one bird in the crowd who chooses to look a different direction than the others. Not only is he not looking, he isn't standing still, either. He's moving along his own pathway. I guess maybe I like the photo so much because I feel like that sometimes. A little bit different from "everyone else". I'm moving along towards my own goals, and I hope they're good ones, but either way, I'm making progress.

Am I right? Am I wrong? Or does it really matter? That particular bird seems to be checking out what the others are doing while he walks...and I do that, too. Noticing what's going on around me. Wondering if I need to alter my course or continue in the same direction. Some things I'm sure of...and others I am not so sure.

But I don't think it's just me. I'm confidant that most of us feel a little like that bird in the photo sometimes. Maybe even more than a little. And you know what...it's okay! It's not wrong to be different, and I'm glad for that. Come What May, and Love it. I'm working on it every day.

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

I like your seagull picture, too. I'll think of this perspective every time I see it now. I agree about the process of figuring our way as we go--that's why I called my blog "Finding My Way." So even if we're on different tracks, we're on the same track, if you know what I mean. :)