Friday, September 24, 2010

Bitter Sweet

This has been a difficult week. My daughter Becky lost her dear friend Meg to cancer on Tuesday. Only a month ago they were hiking the Oregon Coast trail together, never suspecting that the disease they thought had been eliminated from her body would rise up again to take her so quickly.


Among all those who loved her, Meg is survived by her husband Ben, and two children, William and Lucy. The children are now without a mother, but they are not without love. Meg asked Becky to be a legal guardian for the children, to share parental rights with Ben as they grow up. Which means, and this is the "sweet", Ken and I are blessed to be able to love two more darling grandchildren in our family.


Lucy is two years old:


William is four:


I hope that Meg knows that her babies will be welcomed and loved, and she will not be forgotten.

3 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

So tender. Thank you for the update and the beautiful photos. Sending love to your family...which just grew!

JuliaKoponick said...

I have learned the the Lord never gives us anything bitter, without leaving sweetness for us to discover, if we look for it. I am so glad that these two beautiful new grandchildren will have such a wonderful extended family added to their lives!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

It's so good that the kids have so much support. I'm sure all of you and especially Becky are a wonderful blessing for them.