Saturday, September 11, 2010

TV at Crystal Springs

Does that title make you wonder where I was watching television? Sorry, it was the first thing I thought of, so I went with it.

TV is a setting on my camera that stands for "Time Value". What that means is I get to choose how fast the shutter is, and the camera chooses all the other stuff. We went to Crystal Springs Rhododendron garden today, and I brought along my camera to play with. When we saw this little waterfall, Ken was actually the first one to ask if I knew how to do the silky look with moving water. In theory, yes, but I've never done it, so...

This photo was taken at f/8 with 1/4 second shutter and ISO 100. I steadied the camera on a nearby rock (a tripod would be the best thing), and did my best to keep it still so it wouldn't be completely blurry. For my first attempt at doing silky water, I think it turned out okay!

It is much more fun to look at it you click on the picture and enlarge it. :)


2 comments:

JuliaKoponick said...

Very nice! I am barely able to take point and shoot pictures, so I am very impressed that you figured this out, and did such a beautiful job!!

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, let's go to Ramona Falls!