Wednesday, October 27, 2010

After the Rains

Haven't had snow here yet, unlike some of my favorite bloggers, but we've had plenty of rain. Early Monday morning was so windy and rainy that Paulene and I even cancelled our walk date. (That doesn't happen very often!) Today, however, dawned bright and clear....well, maybe a little foggy here and there, but beautiful! My pictures just don't seem to capture it as I see it, but I love how the sunshine highlights the trees in the woods below our yard.


And this Maple out front...wowie! That's a couple dried Alliums poking in, trying to show off even though they are way past their prime. :)


And see....even a single dahlia survived the storms and is looking good. My nice tidy yard is looking very leaf-littered, however. (No picture of that today). It is definitely Autumn!




1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Haha - we had a fire drill today since it wasn't raining.