We walked down to the Farmers Market a little later on and among other things we bought more Kale. Today I made Crispy Kale again, lowering the heat a bit and taking them out of the oven quicker, and they turned out great! Here's how it's done:
First I ripped the kale leaves off the stems and tore them into chip-size pieces. Next, they went into the sink to be washed, followed by a nice whirl in my salad spinner to dry them off.
Now they are on a towell, where I blotted some remaining moisture off. I didn't photograph the next step (because my hands were a bit oily), but I put the kale into a bowl and drizzled about 2 Tablespoons of olive oil over them, then mixed the oil into the greens with my hands, being sure to coat them all well.
Set the oven to 300 degrees. Lay the kale pieces onto cookie sheets in a single layer. Mine is a little thicker in places, but it worked well anyway. Into the oven they go for about 20-25 minutes. Watch carefully, because they start to brown rather quickly at a certain point. Remove from oven and let them cool a couple minutes, then season however you like. Most recipes call for salt, sea salt, seasoned salt, etc. I'm a little more careful about salt, so I dusted my crispy kale with powdered nutrional yeast.
You will be quite surprised (like I was) to find out how good these are. And how very addictive! They are light and airy, CRISPY and flavorful, and before you know it the batch is nearly gone. Uh-oh. But hey, they're GOOD for you! So go ahead, eat your greens, and enjoy them while you do. :)
1 comment:
Oh, YUM! I want to try this. Thank you for a new idea!
Post a Comment