Glancing out my bedroom window this morning these stripes in the sky caught my attention. They were left by the jets that flew by before 7:00 AM. As I usually do when I see aircraft, I wondered where the people aboard were from or where they were headed. Probably a lot of the travelers are on work-related business, but I'm sure there were also family members and friends anticipating visits with loved ones. Having enjoyed this kind of trip myself, I'm always grateful that we can travel great distances so quickly! Historically speaking, it wasn't that many years ago when it was extremely difficult to visit others who lived far away. Oh, I am so thankful for airplanes, automobiles, phones, and internet that allow us to stay connected to one another. But I have to wonder sometimes...when will we have Transporters?
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Sky Stripes
Glancing out my bedroom window this morning these stripes in the sky caught my attention. They were left by the jets that flew by before 7:00 AM. As I usually do when I see aircraft, I wondered where the people aboard were from or where they were headed. Probably a lot of the travelers are on work-related business, but I'm sure there were also family members and friends anticipating visits with loved ones. Having enjoyed this kind of trip myself, I'm always grateful that we can travel great distances so quickly! Historically speaking, it wasn't that many years ago when it was extremely difficult to visit others who lived far away. Oh, I am so thankful for airplanes, automobiles, phones, and internet that allow us to stay connected to one another. But I have to wonder sometimes...when will we have Transporters?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow...neat picture!
Dorothy, this is lovely. Both the photo and the thoughts. Thank you.
Post a Comment