Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Piercing, the second time around

Well, finally! I've been saying I wanted to pierce my ears again, but I just couldn't talk myself into going and doing it. Then Grace said she would go with me....and then Erika decided to come, too, so how was I going to get out of it? (Not that I really wanted to.)

When I was sixteen I did my own ear piercing with the help of little gold rings that "pinched" a hole in the ear lobe over the course of a couple weeks. I took really good care of them during the process and it didn't hurt at all. Worked great! I wore earrings for years and years and never did have any problems with them. But somewhere along the way I got bored with wearing my little studs, and my hair was always covering them anyway, so I put them away and forgot about it. Eventually (we're talking maybe 15 years?) the holes closed up. Now that my hair is short I wanted to wear earrings again. Maybe even some cute dangly ones, and the posts just wouldn't go in. Oh, bother.

So tonight, with my companions (Thanks Grace and Erika!), we went to the Mall and they escorted me immediately to a piercing cart and we got the job done. Turns out my oringal self-piercing was almost perfectly aligned, so only a slight adjustment was made on one side. Not bad for a 16 year old!

Once that was over with we just enjoyed a little shopping time. So here's a pic of my new little piercing studs, which will stay in place for the next 6 weeks, and then I'll be looking for more interesting earrings. Now Ken might have some idea of what he can get me for special occassions. :)

No comments: