Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Excuse

Today's blog post is another excuse.

For days I have said to myself (and to others), "I'm going to put up the tree and decorate for Christmas today". I look forward to seeing the sparkly lights on the tree and my favorite nativity displays. The holiday music always sounds so much better after the decorations are out, and the fireplace seems so much more cozy. I am enjoying this Christmas season so far. It's cold and crisp outside and on my walk this morning the neighborhood was once again dusted with frost crystals. A warm hat and a good friend make it even more enjoyable.

Oh, then why is it so hard to get myself to put up the tree? Why do the boxes full of holiday memories just sit there? Does it count that my poinsetta is on the entry table looking cheery? Why do I keep making excuses?

Oh, look, there's a squirrel running up the tree outside, and the Stellar Jays are playing some king of keep-away game in the branches nearby! See how the sun is shining so brightly today?

Maybe I should go to the store. I'd like to get more Kale. Last week we made Kale Chips and devoured the whole batch standing over the baking sheets over the stove. Mmmmm. I'll bet the green market up the street has some local stuff and I could just walk.

I almost got started on the tree this morning. First I needed to put a few crafty things away, and while I was in the sewing room, there was quite a pile of stuff on the cutting table that needed to be organized. Finally! It looks great in there now, but that box is still accusing me in the living room. Sigh. Well, first I need to finish a little part of a crochet project I'm working on. Once that part is done, I can begin a new one. Every one I do gets cuter and cuter. Oooh, I'd share, but that might be giving away surprises.

Seriously....I need to put up my Christmas Tree. Today! Okay, I'll start...right after I have lunch.


No comments: