Dear Tomatoes,
It was a difficult year, wasn't it? Rainy, rainy, rainy even into July and then those summer days, when they finally came, just didn't last long enough. Of course, I wasn't here for a good part of the time, but Ben was here watching over you and your neighbors. No, the conditions were not optimal for producing tomatoes, but you managed to do your best anyway. Thank you for that. Garden tomatoes are simply the best!
The plant you grew on is long gone. The chilly autumn temperatures took away all it's will to live, but before it collapsed, I rescued a basket full of nice green tomatoes. You were one of them. In their own time, each green tomato matured and turned yellow, orange, and finally red. You are the last....saved until almost Christmas. Good job! My sweet and sour dish last night was enhanced by your natural flavors. Thank you! May next year be a super good growing season for all of your kind!

1 comment:
Poor tomatoes. I kind of lost my appetite for them this year. For some reason, they never did satisfy. I don't know if we grew the wrong varieties, or if our soil wasn't right, or if the weather was just too dreary, or...something wrong with me? I don't know. I'm glad your fellas all finally ripened and brought such tasty pleasure!
Post a Comment