Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Change for a Dollar

On a walk the other day Ken crossed paths with an often seen OC character. A person who kind of looks like a woman, dressed in several odd layers, with long stringly hair, a hat, and sloppily applied red lipstick. I have heard from some that the woman is actually a man, but it doesn't matter, I suppose. Ken greeted the person with a cheery "Good Morning!" as he walked by and she/he responded, "Thank you for speaking to me". Oh my. How little it takes to make a difference in someone's day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely little video. I shed a few tears watching it. We can all do something, especially if we plan on doing something.
We had a small bag of change in the car from a garage sale we had over the summer. It wasn't worth depositing into the bank and so it just drove around with us for a few months. Today, there was a gentleman who had a sign on the side of the freeway exit, I remembered the baggie and called him over to our car. When I handed him the bag. He said "wow so much?!." It wasn't more then a few dollars.
It gave me a feeling of peace and gratitude for so much that I have. It gave me an opportunity to talk to my kids about what I did and why.
Thanks for sharing the video.