This photo of Brother Henderson, courtesy of Sarah, was taken four years ago after a dance on the Church History Tour. He was having a great time as you can see.Today when I went to the Seminary office he told me about discovering that somehow his Outlook Express email program had been changed to Microsoft Outlook. He couldn't understand how it was done and no one had asked him or warned him about a change, and now "all my stored files have been deleted!!". Poor man was in quite a state and had been since Wednesday when he first discovered it.
We checked, and my personal desk computer remained the same. However, for once I felt like I actually knew a thing or two. I asked him if he had looked through the programs on his computer, because perhaps the "old" email program was still there, while the "new" one had become the default edition. He looked and was elated to see that I was right, and all the old files were still there. He kept saying, "Bless You!", (as if I had somehow restored it?) and claimed that his world was now a much lighter, brighter, and happier place. He specified the Express version on his computer to be the current default and all was right again. :)
For those who would like an update, Brother Henderson mainly teaches Institute classes at CCC several times a week, as well as an evening class once a week. He is the Coordinator for the Oregon City and Milwaukie Seminaries, and helps to train and support all the early morning Seminary teachers. I am still his "Support Specialist". (That's a fancy title meaning "secretary")
Ken and I are going on the Church History Tour this July, with Brother Henderson as one of the tour directors. Judging by this photo that Sarah took, I guess we can look forward to a very jolly holiday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment