Thursday, January 1, 2009

I Didn't See That Coming!

Looking over my journal for the past year, I realized there were a lot of events in the past 12 months that I didn't expect when 2008 began. I decided to make a list of the things that surprised me:
  • My Dad dies
  • President Hinckley dies
  • We went snowshoeing for the first time
  • After taking the Oregonian newspaper “forever”, we cancelled our subscription
  • We were called to be a Young Single Adult Missionary couple in the Stake
  • I walked 13 ½ miles in the Goat Mountain Gallop Half Marathon
  • We got hooked on “Lost”, and watched every past episode on abc.com
  • Ken was rushed to the hospital for a possible heart attack
  • Went on a pioneer handcart trek with the Stake Youth
  • We fixed up, cleaned up, and sold the home we owned for 28 years
  • Perrin dies suddenly (13 years old)
  • Went skinny dipping with my husband under starry skies at Sparks Lake
  • We searched for and bought a new home that feels perfect for us
  • Decided to start a blog
  • Held a baby shower for my youngest daughter
  • Experienced two feet of snow in our hometown (that usually only gets 2 inches)

Some things are planned for, and some just kind of happen along the way...and that's what this list is about. I wonder what surprises 2009 will have in store??

P.S. Anyone want to guess what year that old home photo was taken??

No comments: